Thursday, March 8, 2012

That's My Name

When Maisy first started referring to herself, she was May-May. 


Later, May-May became May-Me, which in my head I sometimes spelled Mamie for kind of an old-time feel. I also caught myself calling her Mamie a few times.

On Monday, Maisy became Maisy to herself. It was such a surprise! And I would be lying if I didn't say it was bittersweet. I'll kind of miss May-May and Mamie, the latter of which still makes a guest appearance from time to time. But I'm proud of Maisy. Her vocabulary, pronunciation, and ability to string words into sentences seem to improve daily. Another recent favorite is when Maisy chimes in with a phrase from a favorite book: "Mama called the doctor and the doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping on [the] bed!"" And she also loves to sing "Ring Around the Rosie", which goes something like "ring 'round rosie pocket posy ashes down yay!"

Here are a few photos from this week.

We got a play kitchen for Maisy.
The kitchen is a big hit. And a big mess.
For reasons known only to her, yesterday Maisy refused to nap.
Above, the result: a toddler who fell asleep while reading a book with her babysitter after dinner, and stayed that way through most of a change from play clothes to pajamas. Aww.

No comments:

Post a Comment