Monday, February 24, 2014

Halloween 2013

Clearly I am woefully behind with this blog, but I just spent a while going through photos and hope to do a bit of catching up on the last several months.

A highlight of October was, of course, Halloween! Each year Maisy's understanding of and engagement with holiday traditions increases, which is really fun to see (and also means more work for us!). Thankfully, our community of friends takes some of the work out!

Katie and Hillier invited us to join them at a Pumpkin Fest sponsored by the wonderful Peninsula Open Space Trust. The event was held on a beautiful ranch on the San Mateo County coast, and included a pumpkin patch, hayrides, games, live music and snacks. Maisy and her friends Finn and August had a great time. So did we parents!

Maisy, Finn and August taking a break from a hike.
In the weeks leading up to Halloween Maisy had several ideas about what she might like her costume to be, but in the end she was adamant that she be a lion. 


We were able to do a little more pre-Halloween celebration at the Bay Area Discovery Museum, which hosts an awesome Halloween carnival, the Goblin Jamboree. There were all sorts of diversions, including a nice petting zoo and pony rides. I was excited that Maisy wanted to ride a pony; the last time she had the opportunity she was decidedly not interested!


Finally on Halloween we went trick-or-treating with friends Liam and Ella, as well as Vilja, the daughter of Dave's colleague visiting from Norway. When we'd exhausted ourselves battling the crowds, we relaxed at Katie and Hillier's, which was such a great respite. Oddly, I don't have a photograph of all the kids, but I do have one of Maisy and Liam.


Maisy is already asking people what they're going to be for Halloween next year! Happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment