Monday, February 24, 2014

Christmas 2013

This was our first Christmas in our new home, and we were so excited to celebrate here with family and friends. We had visits from my mom and from our dear friend Rebecca. Our annual holiday party also swelled to new proportions, which was both fun and, to tell the truth, overwhelming. But I do love Christmastime, and there was so much festive spirit! As I mentioned in an earlier post about Halloween, Maisy has taken an increased interest in holiday traditions. Since Christmas is my favorite holiday, I was pretty excited to share it with her! We made gingerbread houses, decorated 2 Christmas trees (thanks, Dave!), baked cookies for Santa (and us), and learned a little about the concept of being "naughty" vs. "nice". 

Here are a few photo highlights…

My friend Christine grew up in San Francisco, and her high school Convent of the Sacred Heart hosts a gingerbread house making fundraiser event extraordinaire. Christine was a co-chair of the event this year, so I was excited to go with Maisy!
Above, Christine (l) with our friend Rachel and Rachel's son Dash.

Maisy had just a small sugar high. I don't think I've ever seen so much candy.
To contrast the harsh weather the rest of the country has experienced this winter, we have had an unusually warm and dry winter. Of course we worry about the drought and about global warming, but we still try to enjoy the weather. :-)
Here are Grandma and Maisy on the porch at Cavallo Point in Sausalito on December 23, 2013.

Rolling out sugar cookie dough to make cookies for Santa Claus!

A happy baking duo!




No comments:

Post a Comment