Friday, July 18, 2014

Friends

Maisy formed many special friendships during her year at Cow Hollow School. One of her best friends is a boy named Kyle. Maisy and Kyle have a special connection; they are very attuned to one another. This can manifest itself in many ways, including showing great concern for one another and their mutual decision to marry one day. Whether the newlyweds will reside with Kyle's parents or with Dave and me is still up for debate!

Kyle and Maisy enjoying homemade yogurt popsicles after their class Garden Party
Their special connection can also manifest itself in their great and fast capacity for silliness and mischief. This is pretty awesome, but can also be overwhelming (at least for me). Thankfully I am able to remember the awesome part at moments like the following…

Maisy and Kyle after a playdate at the Woodline. I have never seen such dirty children!
After the school year wrapped up at CHS, Maisy and I had several weeks together before her camps at CHS would begin. During one of the "down" weeks, I enrolled Maisy in a part-day dance camp, which was themed after the children's book character Angelina Ballerina. Although the camp wasn't quite the right fit for Maisy or for our family, she enjoyed dressing up in leotard and ballet slippers and learning a routine for the end-of-week show.

Maisy (in blue leotard) and classmates.
This spring and summer we have also been lucky to see a bit more of Liam and his family, dear and longtime friends. Liam is like a brother to Maisy, and I love to see them together.

Maisy and Liam at the playground near Liam's house.





1 comment: