Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pasta

Pasta. Who doesn't love pasta? It is one of my favorite food groups. (It's a food group, right?) And it hails from one of my favorite countries. No, not Mexico. Italy. Anyway, I love pasta. And so does Maisy. When she says pasta she generally means macaroni and cheese, but sometimes might mean ravioli. We learned in January that for Maisy, pasta is not only one of her favorite foods, but pasta is also one of her favorite people: Rebecca.

We had the great pleasure of hosting my dear friend Rebecca during her birthday trip to San Francisco. She is about the best guest you could imagine: delightful, easygoing, independent, helpful but not annoyingly so, funny, sincere, etc., etc. And to top it all off, she is a Toddler Whisperer. In short order Maisy was all over Rebecca, whose name from Maisy's lips somehow morphed from Rebecca to pasta. [It kind of makes sense: say Becca and pasta and imagine you're just learning to talk.] It was a little confusing around mealtimes, but otherwise context usually revealed who or what Maisy was talking about.

Sadly our Pasta has returned to Minneapolis, but here are several photos from her visit. (If Rebecca's in the photo, I took it. Otherwise, she did. Pretty handy with a camera, that girl. She inspires me to try to follow suit.)

Rebecca builds, and Maisy destroys, sand castles at Crissy Field.

Rain boots aren't just for rainy days! They're great for the beach.


Rebecca and Maisy swing at Duboce Park.

On Rebecca's birthday, she and I walked out to Tennessee Beach and hiked around Tennessee Valley. Couldn't ask for a much better afternoon.

We went to Nopalito for dinner that night.
Here is Rebecca with her birthday cake popsicle.

I love Maisy.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. It brings a smile to my day and warms my heart. Love and miss you guys! ~ Pasta

    ReplyDelete