Monday, July 25, 2011

A Berry Fun Time

Last week Maisy and I went berry picking and had a great time. We have our dear friends Leslie and Ella to thank for this adventure (as well as for the title of this blog post).
Leslie and Ella having fun in the strawberry field!
Mmm! Maisy loves strawberries.
Ella is already a good gardener; she expertly picked berries.

Maisy didn't quite understand the part about picking the berries; she preferred to eat directly from the vine.
Mmm! Yes, indeed, Maisy loves strawberries.
Paying for our bounty in the Swanton Berry Farm shop. Although I bought a jar of strawberry-rhubarb jam there, I also made strawberry-Meyer lemon freezer jam at home. First time berry picking! First time jam making! What's next? Stay tuned...




2 comments:

  1. Oooo. What fun. Love that Maisy ("may-may") ate straight from the plant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic of her eating the berry right off the plant is priceless.

    ReplyDelete