Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Absurdity

Sometimes, so much happens that there isn't anything to do but laugh. Today was one of those days. 


Maisy is struggling with the time change, is teething, and may be fighting a virus. I know the latter because I took her to the pediatrician today just to be sure nothing else was going on, so out of character has her behavior been the past week. Lots of crying and fussing. Lots. 


So, Maisy was crying and fussing. 


And I had a Bad Headache. 


Then, at the end of the day, I packed Maisy in to the car, only to discover that the battery had died. Are you kidding me? Dave came, and so did AAA. But our return home was delayed so Maisy fell asleep in the car, thus delaying bedtime a good hour.


Did I mention we were supposed to have Date Night? We cancelled the sitter.


But wait! There's more! When we got home, Buster was very clingy. We thought, "Oh, poor Buster, we're late. He missed us." Um, no. Suddenly, what should we hear, but Buster's explosive diarrhea! On the floor! On the carpet! On the wall! All down the hall. Poor dog. Dave did a fantastic job cleaning up, and I have banished the rug to the garage.


Tomorrow has to be better, right?


Today wasn't all bad, though. We managed to get a new umbrella stroller (8.8 lbs.), which will be great to keep in the car and for traveling. (Our other stroller is a bit more solid: 25 lbs.) And we also went swinging and to music class! Here are a couple of cute photos.


6 comments:

  1. You know, while all this was going on, in between swearing under my breath, I kept thinking "this is the kind of thing we'll laugh about later." And it's only a few hours later, and I'm laughing already.

    You didn't mention the burgers I got from Zazie http://zaziesf.com/zaziesf/home.html and the copious beer your sickly dog and I brought home. I think those were awesome enough to warrant a mention. A perfect cap to an absurd day!

    XOXOXO

    PS - You're in charge of rug rehabilitation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt wonders if Buster got into the wheat germ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! Some days, getting into bed is the best part . . . #
    By the way, Laura, I think Maisy has your smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, OF COURSE the battery died! Classic! :)

    Did you get the Uppa Baby G-Lite? We are going to get the Uppa Baby G-Luxe, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Allison and Matt: we're both still laughing out loud (literally) about the Buster/wheat germ quip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Imagine throwing a six hour flight into the mix :)

    ReplyDelete