Friday, September 19, 2014

Art

At least once each day, Maisy sits down at her little table and works on some kind of art project. Anyone who has every spent time with a child can probably attest to that child's ability to produce catalogs of artwork in a short period of time. While of course there are pieces and projects that receive more attention, overall there is volume! 

Sometimes with so many new creations, I forget to mark those I save with the date. Sometimes pieces disappear or are altered before I can save them. (Even those I've saved, I'm not quite sure what to do with.) Sometimes in the midst of the flow of work, I don't give as much attention to the changes in method, style, and material as I would like. And this is just at home! Maisy is constantly creating at school, and even visits a kids' art studio each week. 

I thought I'd share a few images of some recent projects as a snapshot of Maisy's life as a 4-year-old artist. 

August 5, 2014
While in Minnesota, Maisy and our friend Rebecca made some colorful monster friends.

August, 2014
Fly

August 20, 2014
Four unicorns with crowns, one orange dragon king.
August 18-22
Work from camp at ARTifact

September 1, 2014
A drawing made for Mario at Zazie

September 7, 2014
At the Bay Area Discovery Museum

And for good measure I'll just throw in a couple of other (non-art) photos, too:

September 1, 2014
Proud gardeners with their harvest, carrots in hand and sunflowers in the background

September 4, 2014
First day of school, with classmate Scarlett
That's my girl!



2 comments:

  1. Yes, what to do with the approximately 3000 artworks the kids produce each year . . . . ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the art - I totally understand about the piles of art..... we have a nice bit in this house!

    ReplyDelete