Monday, October 28, 2013

Home Sweet Home, Part X

After four months in our house, the parade of workers and deliveries has slowed, and I think we've figured out how (almost) everything works. Most of all: it's HOME. I feel like we accomplished what we set out to do when we bought a home that needed significant renovations: we created a home that is beautiful, light-filled, warm, welcoming, comfortable, fun, and feels like us.

And yet.

Wasn't there an ad campaign at some point that promised: "You. Only better."? The architect, contractor and designer who worked on our house wanted images of the complete project. They hired a professional photographer, and came to our house one sunny morning with all kinds of photography equipment as well accessories to assist in staging the photos. I was out all day, save for a pit-stop at home midday. Although I had expected that they would stage photos, I was still surprised by how much things were moved around! But at the end of the day, all was back in place, plus I had a few ideas to switch things up. Not to mention some fancy pictures!

We're thrilled with the real, un-staged, un-photoshopped house, and of course it will be part of future photographs here. We also look forward to enjoying our home with our family and friends. 

Meanwhile, here are some photos of our house. Only better.

home sweet home

entry

living room

great room : living and dining areas

great room : kitchen area
(blurry architect anand, buster, laura, and maisy on stairs)

staircase
(blurry architect anand)

staircase
(blurry architect anand)

library

maisy's room

maisy's room

second bathroom

master bedroom

master bathroom

back yard
(blurry carpenter ted)

All photographs in this post courtesy Boor Bridges Architecture.

9 comments:

  1. O! I just love it. Favorites via photos include: the backyard, chevron floor, the glorious light and the wallpaper in the master bedroom. Welcome home, Browns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your guest suite awaits. XO

      Delete
    2. So excited for this post that I came back. Now I must admit I love Maisy's rug too. In other exciting news, I booked a SFO trip!!! Will message you with details. Tennessee Valley, here we come!

      Delete
  2. wow and wow....I am so excited for you! I love it, and wish it was mine.! I will remember to consult you one day when I have a big girl house! xxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I can't wait to see it in person. (Coming up for air in January 2014)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful house! You have fantastic taste (wanna come here and give our house a makeover? At the moment it's totally trashed). Re: the photo shoot, friends of ours here in Biberach bought a house, and the bank from which they obtained a morgage did a similar PR photoshoot thing. However, the husband was out of town when the photoshoot happened, so one of the bank employees "stood in" as husband and father. So our friends have these great family shots in their new house--except that it's not really their family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes looking at these photos I joke that they remade our family more diverse (Anand is Indian, Ted is Japanese). :-)

      Delete
  5. Hi Laura,
    Finally found a way to your blog. Beautiful home!
    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete