Thursday, August 16, 2012

N is for Nathalie

Before Maisy was born, I left my position as an associate attorney in a small immigration law firm so that I could be a full-time parent. I consider myself very fortunate to be able to choose to stay home with my child. I continue to enjoy my time with her more than I ever, in a million years, could have imagined I would. Yet as Maisy left her infancy in early 2011, I began to feel more comfortable with the idea of leaving her in someone else's care, and to recognize how much I would benefit from some time for myself. When I searched for a part-time caregiver, I was lucky to find Nathalie.

Nathalie is warm, caring, smart, and a truly lovely person in every way. As a student at San Francisco State University, a part-time position has worked well with her schedule. I am already getting very anxious about her approaching graduation -- and very likely move to Southern California -- this December. But for now, I'll just say that Nathalie is an important part of Maisy's life, and we are grateful for and to her.

Nathalie often wears Tom's, and Maisy often admires them.
For her second birthday, Nathalie got Maisy a pair of Tom's that match one of hers.
So cute.

Nathalie and Maisy
(the photo doesn't do either one justice)

Recently Nathalie did an art project with Maisy.
They made lion masks together one afternoon. So cute.

1 comment: