![]() |
| Reading is a tactile experience for Maisy, as you can see by Goodnight Moon's place in her mouth and the |
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Good Night
I have always loved the early evening; there is something about the light and the air that is different and special. Now I have a new reason to love the early evening: Maisy's bedtime at 7:00! Part of our routine each night (except for those where she is too tired) is to read. Although she is showing a real interest in books in general, she isn't yet making requests. So, every night we read the same three bedtime books: I Love You, Good Night, Time For Bed, and Goodnight Moon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


It's very cool how much Maisy pays attention now when reading. It used to be that eating the book was much more interesting than reading it! We usually read 4 books now by the way. We repeat the first book. Perhaps it's time to expand the bedtime library? Although she doesn't seem bored by the same three yet.
ReplyDeleteSoon Maisy will be an avid reader all on her own, and of course will way more knowledgeable than her parents!
What a great routine! We also read "Time for Bed" with Dash at night. Another good one is "It's Time To Sleep, My Love." Beautiful. http://www.amazon.com/Its-Time-Sleep-My-Love/dp/0312383711
ReplyDeleteAlso, I love the first picture with Maisy and her daddy. Maisy is so focused and Dave is not sleeping on the job!
ReplyDelete